Room parents serve a very important role to both your child’s teacher, and the Neff PTO. Throughout the year, there will be opportunities for you to support the students in the room with social events, and to lead other parents in efforts that support the whole Neff community. The room parent facilitates communication between other parents and the teacher, as well as a liaison with the Neff PTO.
The expectations for each class vary slightly but for the most part you’ll:
- Organize class parties, usually around a specific topic or theme.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for classroom support & school events.
- Send out reminders about events, activities, etc.
We also encourage you to be an advocate:
- Attend Neff PTO meetings
- Remind families in your classroom to follow the Neff PTO on Facebook and to register for the weekly PTO eblast.
– Tuesday October 11, 6:30pm
– Tuesday, December 13, 6:30pm
– Tuesday, February 21, 6:30pm
– Tuesday, April 11, 6:30pm
Please keep the following PTO Needs in mind as you work through the year.
- The room parents coordinate Basket Raffle Prizes (theme assigned) as well as recruit volunteers for class game at the Spring Festival.
- Work with other room parents in your grade to create grade-wide opportunities. For example grade wide celebrations, or motivational gifts.
- Room parents are provided with a small stipend to help fund activities in the classroom. For the 2016-2017 school year, that stipend is $25 per classroom.